Microsoft launched a brand new replace for the most recent model of the corporate’s Home windows 10 working system, Home windows 10 model 2004. KB4568831 for Home windows 10 model 2004 and Home windows Server model 2004 is a non-security replace that fixes a number of bugs present in earlier variations of the working system.
The replace is offered by way of Home windows Replace and in addition as a direct obtain from the Microsoft Update Catalog web site. On Home windows Replace, it’s essential to test the “non-obligatory updates out there” part beneath Settings > Replace & Safety > Home windows Replace; the replace needs to be listed there.
The brand new replace is a preview replace and as such, shouldn’t be put in on most units. It might make sense to put in the replace in the event you expertise a minimum of one of many points. In all instances, it’s suggested to again up the system earlier than the replace is put in.
KB4568831 for Home windows 10 model 2004
Microsoft lists the next adjustments on its help web site:
- Fixes a problem with the share perform in Microsoft Workplace when Conditional Entry is enabled.
- Fastened an unnamed difficulty that occurred when third-party applications load hidden tabs into Web Choices.
- Fastened an Microsoft Edge IE Mode difficulty when opening a number of paperwork from a SharePoint web site.
- Fastened one other IE Mode difficulty in Microsoft Edge; this happens when customers browse utilizing anchor hyperlinks.
- Fastened a Microsoft Phrase pasting difficulty into Web Explorer if blended content material of photos and textual content is pasted.
- Fastened a problem that made Microsoft browsers bypass proxy servers incorrectly.
- Fastened a problem that prompted units to lose connectivity with the WNS service when compelled tunneling is used.
- Fastened a problem with Magnifier in Microsoft Excel that would result in Magnifier and Excel cease working.
- Fastened a problem that prevented the set up of “some2 .msi apps.
- Fastened a 4K excessive dynamic vary difficulty that displayed content material darker than anticipated.
- Fastened a brand new little one window flickering difficulty on service units.
- Fastened a problem that prompted the Settings web page to shut.
- Fastened a problem that prompted all open Common Home windows Platform apps to shut.
- Fastened a Home windows 8.1 show projecting difficulty.
- Fastened a problem that forestalls household security options from engaged on ARM64 units.
- Fastened a .msg file preview difficulty in File Explorer.
- Fastened a KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE (139) cease error that happens throughout resume from sleep and when Bluetooth headsets have been turned on.
- Fastened a problem that prevented show driver reset utilities from reinstalling the identical driver.
- Addressed a reliability difficulty in WDF01000.sys
- Fastened reminiscence leaks in instances the place functions name the CryptCATAdminCalcHashFromFileHandle() perform.
- Fastened a problem that prevented some machines from going to sleep mode due to Microsoft Defender Superior Menace Safety Auto Incident Response
- Fastened a problem that prevented some machines from working Microsoft Defender ATP Menace & Vulnerability Administration.
- Fastened a problem that prevented Microsoft Defender ATP from making use of file eclusions.
- Fastened a problem in Microsoft Defender ATP that prevented the reporting of put in functions.
- Fastened a problem in Microsoft Defender ATP that prompted automated investigations to fail.
- Fastened a printing points when printing to community printers.
- Fastened a problem that prompted printers to be hidden units in System Supervisor.
- Fastened a problem within the Print Administration console that prompted it to show script errors when enabling Prolonged View.
- Fastened an unnamed difficulty that prompted printing to fail.
- Fastened a problem that prompted Home windows 10 units from reaching the Web with wi-fi vast space community (WWAN) LTE modems.
- Fastened a problem that prevented Web connectivity on some mobile modems.
- Fastened a problem that prompted telephony apps to lose the primary 4 digits.
- Fastened a problem with in-memory parity bitmaps that prompted information integrity points on Parity storage areas.
- Fastened a problem that prevented the creation of a storage pool utilizing Handle Storage areas.
- Fastened a problem that would trigger the Microsoft Distant Help course of (msra.exe) to cease working.
- Improves Microsoft Defender ATP’s potential to determine malicious code injections.
- Improves help for non-ASCII file paths for Microsoft Defender Superior Menace Safety Auto Incident Response.
Microsoft lists a single identified difficulty:
Some apps, e.g. Microsoft Excel, might show an error, shut or might cease working for customers of Microsoft Enter Technique Editor for Chinese language or Japanese.
Microsoft lists particulars and potential workarounds here.
Now you: when do you put in updates?